Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe- A GF Wonder
If you love pizza like I do but always feel guilty after your 3rd slice; then this Cauliflower Crust pizza is the pizza for you. This recipe is full of flavor and the best part is that it has less calories than your normal store-bought pizza. Score!
Most people who are trying to ditch the carbs think that you must be a chef in the kitchen to master such meals; but not at all. We are ditching the carbs with this gluten free recipe.
Now you will have a reason to buy cauliflower and use it without letting it sit in the fridge the whole week, with a few more ingredients that are most probably already in your kitchen cupboard. Even better? This cauliflower crust pizza can be topped with any toppings you want! Love something that isn’t listed? Add it! Out of a topping? No sweat!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 cauliflower
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (optional)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Finely chop the cauliflower using a food processor until its rice like texture.
- Put the chopped cauliflower in a large bowl and microwave for 7-10 minutes or until soft and dry, this is to take out any excess water from the cauliflower.
- Sautee sliced mushrooms, broccoli florets, peppers, jalapenos, and any other vegetable toppings you would like on your pizza.
- Once the cauliflower mix has cooled off, mix in 1 cup of grated mozzarella, 1 egg and all the other dry ingredients. Note: you may substitute nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan cheese for the mozzarella.
- Put the mixture in the banking tray that has been greased already and use your hands to spread it out so that it covers the tray.
- Bake the cauliflower base for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread tomato paste on the base.
- Top with your sauteed vegetables and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and put back in the over for 10 minutes or until you see the cheese bubbling. Note: you may skip the cheese if you want to eliminate the dairy.
- Remove it from the oven and top with your spinach and serve.
As it goes with pizza, this one is great because you can really put as much or as little as you want on it in terms of toppings. Have fussy eaters? Let them create their own topping mixture!
Looking for more recipes? Check out our recipes section!
In the meantime, let us know how you like this recipe, and what your favorite topping combinations are!