Italian Bean Burger to Die For
With summer upon us, it is time to pull out the trusty grill and start throwing everything under the sun on. But, what do you BBQ if you are a vegetarian or vegan (hint: everything!)? Today I’m bringing you an amazing Italian Bean Burger from Beach Body that will leave the meat-lovers begging for more!
There has been an enormous shift in moving towards the “beyond meat” burgers in fast food and restaurants, but I’m here to tell you that you don’t need to hit the fast food line up in order to find a savory burger that is vegetarian-friendly. Gone are the days of the heavily processed “mystery-non-meat-meat” with a long list of heavily processed ingredients that you can’t pronounce. This Italian Bean Burger will fill you up and satisfy you, and is extremely versatile so that you can prepare it exactly the way you like it.
So, what are you waiting for? 😉
Italian Bean Burger
- 1 can black beans drained, rinsed, mashed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp. all-natural tomato paste
- 2 tsp. all-natural tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 8 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 8 slices medium tomato
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Place beans, rice, onion, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and cheese in food processor; pulse until well blended. Form into eight patties.
- Grill or broil patties for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Place each patty on a bottom bun. Top with tomato, lettuce, and top bun.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easily it comes together. With almost no prep time and minimal cook time this meal can be fully prepped and cooked and on the table in less than thirty minutes. Last minute dinner guests? Whip this up in no time!
Whether you love it or hate it, we want to hear about it! Make any awesome swaps or additions? Tell us!